Making a quality decision doesn’t matter if those asked to execute that decision fail to do so.
Five timeless ingredients give leaders an edge in creating subscription for any decision they are contemplating:
- Leaders must offer a chance for team members to opine before the decision is fully baked
- Leaders must be highly transparent about the problem or opportunity addressed by the decision
- Leaders who gain buy-in explain how the decision has evolved
- Leaders who expect others to execute on the decision have to lead by example
- Leaders must anticipate every question and objection that might arise regarding the decision and be prepared to address them
Source: Admired Leadership